Tabasco Diamond Reserve — 150 Years in the Making
Hot sauce lovers (and boy they do love their hot sauce!) are most likely rejoicing aloud in their kitchens and restaurant tables all over the world, as Tabasco releases a new commemorative edition hot pepper sauce called Diamond Reserve...in celebration of the brand’s 150th anniversary.
Who knew that Tabasco has been around for 150 years!
It looks like a champagne bottle...and at $35.00 a pop, you should probably pop it before you use it. Gorgeous.
But there’s more...this Reserve kicks off a year long celebration with pop up kitchens popping up around the world that feature innovative recipes with the limited edition sauce. Plus there’s yet another new Bloody Mary recipe as well. Like the world needs another Bloody Mary recipe...actually we do! See below, copied from TheDailyAdvertiser.com.
What do you think? $35.00 for hot sauce?!? Get it while it’s hot (sorry, couldn’t resist!).
What’s your experience? JIM
Diamond Reserve Bloody Mary Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
For Bloody Mary Cocktail:
- 1.5oz vodka
- 4oz Bloody Mary Mix (recipe below)
- 2 drops sesame oil
- 2oz dry prosecco
- Black and white sesame seeds
- a long cucumber slice
- slice of red pepper
- lemon peel
For Bloody Mary Mix:
- 1.5 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 tablespoon TABASCO® Diamond Reserve Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- In a mixing glass, add all ingredients except for the prosecco.
- Stir with ice to chill.
- Strain into stemless wine glass with one large square ice cube.
- Top with prosecco and garnish.